Tuesday 8 May 2007

Train Trauma

Daisy Turnip writes.....

All us home based workers meet up in London for a team meeting once a fortnight. To get to London from where I live isn’t too bad and to be honest, I have very few problems with the train. My colleague lives in the north and doesn’t seem to share my easy experience of travelling down to the ‘big smoke’. His day usually starts with a 4.30am alarm call, he catches the Pendolino
which sends him a little queasy as it goes round bends pretty quickly and this also sometimes results in coffee spillage. In addition to this misery, his train frequently gets delayed somewhere on route!

Clearing out some text messages this weekend I found the following, genuine text messages from colleague

Message 1 – Hi I am delayed half hour cos of stupid taxi getting a puncture. See you later.

Message 2 – Only just getting 2 Rugby. It’s a nightmare. I will be at least another hour. Deep joy!

Message 3 – Hi. Delayed at Crew, which was odd cos we were not due to stop there. Now delay at Stafford cos a lorry has hit a railway bridge.

Message 4 – On train. Just spilt a lovely hot latte all over me, so not only have I scoldered my privates I have an unpleasant stain in my crotch. The day does not bode well……

Message 5 – Hiya. Still on train!


I’m just glad I don’t live on my colleague’s route!

No comments: