Monday 21 May 2007

For Just One Second

Daisy Turnip writes.....

Anything and everything I can do online, I do – shopping, paper less bills, lottery etc I do it. I’m not sure if I’m lazy, just love IT, or feel greener about running my life in this way, but I am very much an online person.

Yesterday I opened my email and saw a message from the nice people at the National Lottery – the email subject read, ‘News about your ticket!’ I knew this meant that I had a winning ticket from Saturday night. Hoorah.

For the 10 or 20 seconds it takes you to close down the email, open up a browser, type in the URL for the national lottery and log in with your account details, it really is quite funny. You are silently repeating to yourself, ‘it’ll be a tenner’ ‘it’ll be a tenner’ ‘it’ll be a tenner’ ‘it’ll be a tenner’ ‘it’ll be a tenner’ but way back in the back of your mind you’re hoping, ‘let it be a million, please let it be the big M’ knowing full well ‘it’ll be a tenner’

And it was! A tenner!

One day………………….

2 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I have given up on the lottery! Not a jot, in so long! So I wait for my dad to phone with his secret codeword to let me know he has won! I think he is going loopy with old age, like your dog.

Internet addict, that's me!

Banking
Shopping
Weather
Blogging
Email
DVD Rental
Booklist my stuff(library thing)
Booklist my favourite sites (del.icio.us)
Photos online (picasa)
Dictionary
Thesaurus
Wiki
Reviews
Study
Google

Everything!

Must leave computer! (note to self)

Daisy Turnip said...

Sounds all too familiar. But friends, family and colleagues that don't, think people like us are strange! : )

Perhaps we are......