Thursday 10 May 2007

Abseiling Spiders

Daisy Turnip writes.....

A couple of months ago, I was sitting at the PC working away, when a spider abseiled from the ceiling, right in front on my face and landed on my lap! This prompted a rain dance type reaction from me as I screamed, jumped up and flicked it on the floor. The little tyke bounded along the floor and vanished under the skirting board somewhere. I sat and watched and just couldn’t concentrate on my work. As each hour went by, I relaxed a little and just kept having an occasional peek to ensure it hadn’t come out of its hiding place. By this point I’d brought a trainer into the computer room in order to defend myself if needs be – I’m sorry all you eight legged creature lovers, but I really don’t like spiders – I know it’s stupid, but I am.

After a couple of months I thought it was safe, so I took the trainer out of the computer room. Foolish move on my part!

Said spider has obviously been watching me and saw the removal of the trainer. He came back today and did exactly the same thing!!

1 comment:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

You leave that spider alone! You don't want bad karma!
It was probably just teasing you beacause it had seen the trainer come out before!