Thursday 22 February 2007

Remote Controls and TV Viewing - Is This A Male Thing?

I reckon my hubby and I, very much have a 50/50 input into our relationship - I really don't see one of us as the dominant partner (ok, if I'm honest, it probably is me that wears the 'longer' trousers most of the time, but hubby is Mr Very Laid back 99.9% of the time and only puts his sizes 11s down when he REALLY doesn't agree with what I want to do). However, when it comes to watching the TV and DVDs I feel that I'm sold very short within my own house!!

In the lounge there are 3 remote controls - TV, DVD and Freeview (although, according to the Freeview 'people' we don't officially live in a Freeview receptive area - we cheated and found out that if the weather is good, we do get an ok picture quality). All 3 controls sit next to (or in the pocket) of said hubby. Why?

I'm not into the soaps - unless there is nothing else to watch, I enjoy sci-fi, am more than happy to watch
CSI blah de blah de blah. All the usual programmes that men enjoy. Hubby is lucky really, he could have ended up with a soap freak - does he understand how lucky he really is when it comes to wifey on the TV 'front'?


Anyway, hubby will not let go of those remotes. It's like his heart will stop beating if they move more than 5cms from him!?

Said hubby also gets to pick DVDs that we watch - he's recently bought (actually I bought them for him from
ebay (because I had an ape s**t fit at him one day and then felt v guilty about hormonal wifey state, and then i needed to appease myself of the guilt and therefore had to lavish him with presents) before my account was suspended - see blog entry below) series 1 and 2 of Babylon 5. Each night over the last couple of weeks, we've had to watch G'Kar, Mollari, Garibaldi (go, biscuit), Delenn et al, with far too much frequency for my liking.

I recently bought the series box sets of
Will and Grace and Ally McBeal - the only time I get to watch these are when hubby is at Rotary or playing in the computer room or at the kitchen table doing his 'hunt and peck' routine on his laptop keyboard.

Tonight we are currently watching yet another
Babylon 5!!

Why??? Can anyone help me on this matter? I've no idea how he ie hubby got to 'top trump' status on the TV / DVD front!!!

Yours, confused of middle England


No comments: