Thursday 22 February 2007

House of Tartan

We went to a good friend's memorial service yesterday. It was the most amazing service, for the most amazing person I have ever met, and a number of people there were wearing kilts.

Driving home from the service, my husband mentioned the kilts. He informed me, at the last couple of funerals we have been to, plus this year's Burns night at his local Rotary club, people have been wearing kilts. Something, that certainly has never hit my radar but has hit upon my hubby's like a nuclear programmed missile!!

For a day and a half my husband has been locked away in the computer room!?

Unless nagged by my good self, Hubby never rings his mother, and tonight he rang her. I heard him ask if he has any Scottish roots? I thought, 'what on earth is this man talking about?' - the word
kilt then appeared in the conversation!!

According to hubby, he is linked to the Scottish
Pringle family - they may produce some fantastic jumpers, but they don't actually have a kilt pattern.

I, on the other hand, have very Scottish roots - my Gran - a Campbel! Apparently the Campbel Clan has many patterns that come in a variety of weave options. I took on his surname when we got married (in reality, i actually kept my own - work name, passport, bank details etc) and he now has decided to take on my family's tartan!!!

He is currently scrolling through
www.houseoftartan.com trying to work out a way of his family being linked to the patterns he most prefers!!

I worry! : )

No comments: