Thursday 22 February 2007

Daughter's First Driving Lesson

My daughter turned 17 last week!! Arrgggh, I feel old.

We live in a village approx 10 miles from the closest town. Learning to drive is a big thing for my daughter - she knows i'm not going to keep driving into and out of town on a Friday and Saturday night when she starts clubbing!!

A few weeks before her 17th birthday her driving licence arrived. The pressure was on to book the driving lessons! Oh dear!! I went through the
Yellow Pages, spoke to friends and scoured the village magazine for driving instructors. I rang a few, requesting details about first time pass rates, hourly rates, car sizes (i don't want my daughter to learn to drive in a small car, to forever moan about big cars later on) etc. I finally came across the poor guy who I decided was going to teach my daughter to drive. I had a lengthy conversation with 'Steve' - my final words, after booking a block session of 12 one and a half hour sessions were, "Well, ok, many thanks, i can only wish you the very very best of luck with my daughter. If she does your head in or refuses to listen to you - i'm sorry, but it's your problem. Good luck" - he laughed, thinking i was joking. Oooh, if only he knew!! : )

Daughter had her first half and half lesson last Thursday. The instructor droppped her off in time, I then heard the sound of a car wheel spinning away.............!

Can't wait to see if he comes back next Wednesday for the 2nd lesson.

No comments: