Thursday 22 February 2007

Ebay and Teenagers

The other morning I logged on to my email account only to receive a message from ebay saying that my account has been suspended! I immediately thought, this is a spoof email, so I logged on to my ebay account through the browser. When I logged on, I was indeed informed my account had been suspended!! Shock, horror, how could this be? I have 48 purchases on ebay, and, without exception, pay for all goods immediately and therefore enjoy (deservedly too) a 100% positive feedback rating.

When I looked into the suspended account in more detail, I was informed that my account email address was linked to that of my daughter's
ebay account? Unfortunately, my daughter isn't as diligent as me and has a miserable ebay rating and had "forgot" to pay for a number of items!! Because I sometimes pay for her goods via my paypal account, our ebay accounts are, according to ebay recods, 'linked'. ebay decided to suspend her account and because my account is linked to hers via my email address, in their wisdom, they have also suspended my account too! Cheeers Daughter!!!

Have you ever tried to get through to
ebay - it's like mission impossible. Seriously!! Regardless of whatever I tell them (on numeerous occassions), they state that myself and my daughter are one and the same person!!! Oh, to be a teenager again!!!

I am usually like a dog with a bone and don't give up on 'a point of principle' - however, with
ebay, i've simply decided to give in. They refuse to acknowledge any points of argument or reason. I think their customer services department responses are automated - you get a response, but there's no content of worth (or sense)!

Moral of the story, never share or link any financial information / accounts to a teenage daughter who really doesn't give a stuff about her virtual credit rating!!!

No comments: