Wednesday 25 April 2007

What happened to the party girl?

Daisy Turnip writes.....

Tonight I sent an email to my dear old friend Tilley - not old as in she’s old – well not THAT old, but a friend who I’ve known for a very long time. In fact, she was a good friend of mine who I used to regularly go clubbing with on a Friday night – in fact, any night of the week, when we had nothing to do, had both the cash and the energy to show Wolverhampton night life what top and enthusiastic party goers we both were. Deary me, I could seriously party!

At the end of the email I wrote the following:-

“btw, we're off to the Oxford bird sanctuary at the weekend (although I've yet to tell David) as I’ve received 2 free tickets from my RSPB membership - f'ing hell (excuse my French), I sound like such an oldie!! Am going to go slap myself now coz I know I need to get a life ) what happened to Friday nights, the dance floor calling, head down and a bottle of bud in each hand?? :-)”

I need to share with you the fact that I have many photos of me with a bottle of bud in EACH hand, dancing away in oblivion of the outside world. I liked my little dance ‘bubble’ world that I used to frequent on a regular basis!!

I sent the email smirking to myself, thinking about our clubbing days (or nights as the case may be), and all the fun we had and then I suddenly thought OH MY GOD, what happened to party girl – she’s now a bird twitcher!!

Should I be worried?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No I'm not THAT old and can still manage the odd podium! The said email also made me smile as I recalled such nights out with my friend Milly Tant! who was never getting married, never giving up her friday nights with the girls, only interested in the next delivery of Ibiza cds, always begged me to go out, gladly climbed up onto the bar with me to show off our slick moves and ended most nights in a beer coma from which she would not wake till late into the afternoon the next day! She has now morphed into the Daisy Turnip you bloggers have come to know ... and I wouldn't have her any other way, even if the closest I can get her to a club scene these days is the village rave with cheap beer at the legion and a live band on the back of a flatbed truck. After a bottle or two of rioja Davey Turnip on the other hand used to gladly toss my lounge rug onto the sofa to create a dance bubble from which to demonstrate his house grooves but these days is more likely to be caught performing a meddly of 'songs from the musicals'
Don't you wonder what we'll be like in another 10 years!!
Tilley x

maya said...

Hahaha. I really thought this was funny. I'm still at my "clubbing" stage... but I'm getting a picture of what being married and domesticated will be like. It actually sounds very appealing to me! So you shouldn't be worried :)

Daisy Turnip said...

Hi Maya

It's great and I wouldn't change it for the world, however we do keep threatening to go 'do it' again. However, I'm now worried that I'd bump into my teenage daughter! : )