Saturday 14 April 2007

Car Insurance - Trauma 1

Daisy Turnip writes.....

My car insurance is due for renewal and I needed to clarify a couple of things with my current policy. I rang the number and got put on to their call queuing system I started to wait. And wait. And wait, And wait. I carried on waiting and then started to trawl their website to see if I could find out the information from their online system. I couldn’t – it wasn’t available. Forty minutes I started to type an email to their customer services team, it read,

“I've now given up hoping that anyone will take my phone call at Fast UnFit. I tried to call you yesterday and finally opted for your ring back system, on the basis that the information provided by your system assured me that I would retain my place in the queue. I got a call approx 3 hours later, by this point I was no longer at home! Today, I have held for over forty minutes, listening to information about elks in Sweden and great nights out around the country - my fear is, that I'll still be holding on your queuing system and will not be able to make Wolverhampton’s Civic Hall – ever! I do not wish to sit holding for such a long period of time, I find this totally unacceptable and believe it is very very poor customer service indeed.

Apologies, rant over!

Is it possible that someone would please provide me with the following information……..”

And then the phone was answered by a member of staff, whom I vented my absolute anger and frustration at. She very professionally apologised and explained that Fast UnFit was well aware of the problem and that changes were imminent, new staff were being trained, their call centre would no longer be receiving as many calls and the matter should be resolved within the next week.

In my experience, good quality call centre staff, are very rarely found these days. When usually faced with non UK based call centre staff who are very difficult to understand and they have never heard of places like Wolverhampton, Milton Keynes or Warwickshire?! I’m a black country girl and most of the locals in Warwickshire find it difficult to understand me. You could write a comedy sketch about the numerous conversations I had with the non UK support line provided by BT Broadband – in the end, I was so incensed I gave up and moved my ISP to an alternative provider. Anyway, I digress back to Fast Unfit. After holding for over 30 minutes I had told myself that on principle I would be taking the renewal of my policy to another company. Due to the professionalism of this member of staff, I changed my mind, I will still be looking at alternative quotes, but Fast UnFit’s quote, will remain in my options of car insurance provider.

I’m worried now that the changes this member of staff was talking about means a non UK call centre? I do hope not, because I would simply hate having to move my car insurance in order to seek an all UK based call centres and staff!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.