Tuesday 27 March 2007

Keeping Up With The Jones's

Daisy Turnip writes.....

For the last few weeks I’ve been asking hubby whether or not we can cut the lawn. He keeps informing me it’s still too wet to cut. And then last week our neighbour got the mower out to do his ‘first cut’. His side of the road must be drier than ours! Funny that!

Anyway, at the time, Hubby and I were sat at the kitchen table reading the Sunday papers when I heard the mower set off on its first trip around their garden. ‘Hmmm,’ I said, ‘pressure’s on dear hubby – you’re on borrowed time, the garden can now be mowed’. ‘Okay dear’ came his response.

Two weeks later, it’s still not cut!

Tonight, neighbour was out on his drive potting up some plants and painting his fence. Hubby pulled up, slammed the door of his car and ran over to said neighbour and said, ‘For God’s sake man, get back in the house, she’s going to make me do something if you carry on like this!’

What’s the weather forecast for this weekend?

No comments: