Thursday 1 March 2007

Daughter’s Driving Miss Daisy Crazy

Daisy Turnip writes.....

Daughter had her third driving lesson yesterday. I received a text after she’d finished saying ‘Was a night mare. Nearly started cryin xxx’

She came home later on, still quite upset about how badly the lesson had gone. In a motherly, comforting way I put my arm around her and said, “don’t go getting yourself upset, you’ll have good lessons and bad lessons – it’s perfectly normal, don’t worry about it’.

She told me she thinks she’ll never be able to drive and that she might as well give it up now! (Oh woe is me!!)

9.05 this morning I received a text from her, ‘Found lovely car. 2,390 1.0i x reg. Silver new corsa. Very cheap. Its on auto trader. Xx’

Fickle or what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think yourself lucky she's not looking for a brand new one!

Nigel said...

My overriding memory of learning to drive was getting the instructor to start smoking again! And after I passed I only wanted any old shed to get me from A-B. Hmmm not likely. ("ooo that's nice a shiny and new and has a CD player. That'll do nicely")

Anonymous said...

Chip here checking out daisy turnip as requested. Nice photo of Shaz looking like a hillbilly and my life is David really now 40?!