Tuesday 13 January 2009

Passwords Bloody Passwords

Daisy Turnip writes.....

I work in IT and network security. My main role is as an ICT Manager. Until March of this year I’m contracted out 2 days per week, working on a project for a different organisation. I therefore have a variety of passwords that I need to remember for numerous laptops and email systems – I’m really not very good at it!

Tonight, for my main job, I had to reset my email password. I changed it and then took the dog for a walk. I came back home and tried to log on to email and, for the 5 month in a row, I’ve forgotten my new password! I am the ICT Manager for this organisation!

For my other role, last week I locked myself out of my laptop and in the same week, also managed to bugger up the password on my Blackberry!

I’m now officially incommunicado!

Tomorrow, I need to do some grovelling, apologising, log a few support calls and then work out a new password regime - which I WILL remember.

Oh dear! This is becoming very embarrassing!

3 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

What are you like? Altough I do know what you mean about passwords, never mind brain training, this does the job!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I have just added you to my blog list! Now I don't have to miss any of your diary entries :)

Daisy Turnip said...

Brilliant, many thanks Holler.

Yours, dense of the Midlands! : )