Wednesday 21 January 2009

He’s a Winker

Daisy Turnip writes.....

Sneezing is a bit of a family thing. My sister is King Sneezer – she can, and frequently does about 8 sneezes on the trot. Daughter is a close 2nd and can easily do a run of 6. My average is 5 sneezes – hubby even knows if a delayed sneeze is about to follow. However, the funniest thing is that our mutt, Bailey, is a big sneezer too – usually when he gets excited.

I always carry a pack of anti-histamines!

I’m now getting a little concerned re how I can put this into words, in order to truly capture the following incident.

A couple of days ago, said mutt, myself and hubby were all in the kitchen (I think we’d just finished tidying up after dinner) and then the dog started to sneeze – obviously thinking that he was about to be both fed and walked.

He sneezed

And sneezed

And sneezed

So much so, that we turned round to look at him.

(here’s the bit I’m worried about)

And there he was, head on its side, with his eye squinting – in a big way – knowing that another sneeze was shortly to follow.

It was so pronounced, and soooo delayed (for what must have been about 15 seconds), in fact I began to panic slightly, thinking that he was going to have some fit.

And then he sneezed again – big time. Shook himself, wagged his tail and looked at us both, as if to say, ‘got a problem?’

If you can’t picture the image, trust me, it was v funny!

Should I start crushing an anti-histamine into his food?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I am the sister referred to and my sneezes are very petite, many but petite!

I'm just wondering if my right to privacy has been infringed though???!!!

:-)

Daisy Turnip said...

Face it sis, you're a freak - a sneezing freak! It's a family thing, just deal with it and move on! : ) x