Monday 16 July 2007

The Morning Zombie

Daisy Turnip writes.....

Favourite Nephew came to stay with favourite Aunt this weekend.

As my husband has work down in Nephew’s neck of the woods, he decided to take him home this morning, on the agreement that it would be an early start.

5.45am I gave said Nephew his early morning wake up call! A grunt came from beneath the duvet. I went downstairs and made us all a drink and then went back upstairs to see if he was ok. He was still underneath the duvet sleeping like a baby!! Why does that not surprise me: - ) I gave him another call (and a quick slap around the head, just to make sure) - another grunt came back at me.

Fifteen minutes later, a specimen of a teenager appeared in the kitchen, grunted, sat down at the table, drank his hot chocolate, grunted again as he gave me a hug as he left with Hubby on their trip back ‘darn sarf’

I love my favourite Nephew. I think next time he’ll probably opt to catch the late train back home!

No comments: