Saturday 23 June 2007

Can You Hear Me Mother?

Daisy Turnip writes.....

I recently changed my car and with my old car going, so did my built in hands free ‘phone kit. Not being able to use the phone whilst driving has become a bit of a problem and along with my current job, getting lost around new towns and cities was also driving me insane. I therefore treated myself to a satnav system with built in bluetooth for hands free phone calls.

The Bluetooth is not brilliant and no way compares to the quality of my old system. My mother called me whilst I was driving! The conversation went as follows:-

Mom: Hello, Michelle, are you there?
Me: Hi Mom, yes, I’m here.
Mom: You sound strange, what’s the matter?
Me: Nothing, it’s this new hands free system, it’s not very good.
Mom: Are you sure you’re ok?
Me: Yes mom, I’m fine, it’s the car kit, it’s no good.
Mom: Ok, you sound strange. Have you got your hayfever then?
Me: Mom, I’m 39 years old, I’ve never had hayfever!

Hmmmm!!

2 comments:

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

But you have a brand new car! I always have that kind of conversation with my mum, even if the line isn't crackly!

Daisy Turnip said...

I'm saying nothing - my mother reads this blog! : )